Monday, October 19, 2009

Missing Daddy

This has been a really fun week for our family. My sister Becky and her cute family came out to visit from AZ, and we had a blast with them. It was so fun to meet my nephew Landon for the first time, and to see how much Bailey and Myles have grown since the last time we were all together. It was also fun to introduce them to our sweet little girl. Bailey was so cute with her; always making sure that she washed her hands before playing with Mckinley. She is such a responsible little girl! I can't believe how big she is, I can still remember when she was a tiny bald baby like Mckinley. They left to go back home on Saturday, and we're missing them already!

On that note, they aren't the only ones who left me this weekend. Bill has a business trip in New Jersey, and we took him to the airport early Sunday morning. Mckinley did great in the car, which was a relief. I was SO not looking forward to driving home with a screaming baby by myself, but she slept pretty much the whole way. Church was a little bit rough though. She fell asleep half-way through sacrament meeting, but as soon as it ended she woke up. Then, I had to play the piano for the next 2 hours, since we were rehearsing for our primary program, and she had to get passed around to the other leaders. By the time we got home, she was exhausted. I'm a little bugged, since this has totally thrown off her perfect sleep schedule. She has been going to bed around 11 or 12, and sleeping until at least 7:30 in the morning. Then, she plays with me until about 9:30, then takes a 3 hour nap. It rocks, or it did rock. Not anymore though. Last night was my first 3 am wake-up call in weeks, and I'm grumpy about it! I think the problem is that she is missing her daddy, just like me. Come home soon, Daddy!

See how much she loves her Daddy?



This is our 3rd outfit today, and it wasn't even 11 a.m. yet. There is already spit-up on it. Time to change again... and do some laundry!


Fun times with cousin Bailey!

1 comment:

  1. Arycca! I love your pictures! Mckinley is just adorable and I bet you have heard this before, but I think she resembles her daddy a lot. I hope to get up there for a visit soon!
    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete