Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Behind again

So, Happy (late) Mother's Day! Mother's Day was great for us, since we also celebrated our 4th anniversary on Sunday. Crazy, I know. We didn't even realize that it was our anniversary until like, 2 days before (hey, at least we both forgot together). We had Bill's parents and Christine over for dinner on Sunday night, and Mckinley absolutely LOVED having a captive audience. She had a blast showing off for "Teeny" and "Gampa," and discovered a new favorite toy (see video). Kinley is such a riot, I can't believe how much fun she is. She loves to go outside, and chants her little mantra of "socks, shoes, coat, side, yeah?, k!" nonstop until she convinces me that its time to go outside. I love it, she is so cute. She loves talking, and learns new words everyday.
My one complaint is that she has recently discovered her diaper, and absolutely refuses to leave it on at night. She can take off every pair of pajamas, onesies, pants, nylons, etc, and then off comes the diaper. We thought we'd won the battle when we started duct taping her diapers on about a week ago, but she figured that out last night. I went in to check on her about 45 minutes after we put her to bed, and she was standing naked in her crib, holding her diaper in one hand and the piece of duct tape in the other. So frustrating! I can barely get her diapers off with the duct tape on, how did she pull it off? Grrr. I'm really hoping that this phase ends soon.
On a happier note, she still loves babies, and is getting very good at being soft and gentle with them. I was holding my friends 2 week old baby today, and Kinley ran over and gave her a hug (softly), and then climbed up in my lap to look at her. SOO fun, she is going to be such a great big sister. Speaking of which, we have less than a month to go! Crazy, I can hardly believe it. We still don't even have any names picked out! But, now that we've finished some home projects, we'll devote some serious time to prepping for baby girl #2, and hopefully do a post about all of our projects we've been doing in the next few days.




Me and Kinz



My creative daughter built me a tower of all my pots and pans. Love it.

3 comments:

  1. Miss you guys! We had our baby 5 weeks early. Glad to hear everything is going well. Tell McKinely to keep her diaper on! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you little sister! I cannot wait to see you in less than two months and meet your sweet little baby girl. We're excited to entertain McKinley so hopefully you can get some rest. And then I'll race back so I don't miss too much time from you. Take care. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Max says ohhhh, Mckinley is so cute. That she is. Hope to see you guys soom.

    ReplyDelete