So, my due date was June 9th. Bill's work has a Lagoon day for all of their employees and families, and this year it was on the 10th. Since Mckinley was 11 days late, we were pretty confident that we could make it. True enough, the 9th came and went. Friday morning came, and Bill and I decided we really needed to paint our room. Brilliant idea #1. So, we put the first coat on by 9:30, then piled into the car to head to Lagoon.
We had a great time walking around the park, eating the yummy BBQ that Certiport provided, and I loved watching Bill and Kinley on rides together. We all did the ferris wheel, then called it a day. Kinley was so tired she passed out on the car ride home.




We got home, put her to bed, and then put the second coat of paint on our room. The next morning I headed off for my 10 hour work day. I kept getting contractions all day long, but didn't really pay them much attention, since I was pretty sure I had at least another week left of being pregnant. I got off of work at 6, went home, got Kins into bed, and then decided that I really needed to go grocery shopping. Brilliant idea #2. Wal-mart was a zoo, of course, and by this time my contractions were very consistently 15 minutes apart. After waiting in line for an hour, I finally got out of there, and, brilliant idea #3, decided that since apparently this baby was coming soon, I needed to go get Bill a Father's Day present. I finally got home at about 11, and rather than go to the hospital, just got into bed. My first labor took like 36 hours, I figured I had plenty of time!
We had a great time walking around the park, eating the yummy BBQ that Certiport provided, and I loved watching Bill and Kinley on rides together. We all did the ferris wheel, then called it a day. Kinley was so tired she passed out on the car ride home.
We got home, put her to bed, and then put the second coat of paint on our room. The next morning I headed off for my 10 hour work day. I kept getting contractions all day long, but didn't really pay them much attention, since I was pretty sure I had at least another week left of being pregnant. I got off of work at 6, went home, got Kins into bed, and then decided that I really needed to go grocery shopping. Brilliant idea #2. Wal-mart was a zoo, of course, and by this time my contractions were very consistently 15 minutes apart. After waiting in line for an hour, I finally got out of there, and, brilliant idea #3, decided that since apparently this baby was coming soon, I needed to go get Bill a Father's Day present. I finally got home at about 11, and rather than go to the hospital, just got into bed. My first labor took like 36 hours, I figured I had plenty of time!
By midnight, my contractions were 10 minutes apart, and I spent the whole night watching the clock while Bill slept. By 7, my contractions were 5 minutes apart and hard. At 8, Bill called his dad to come stay with Kinley, and I made waffles while he drove over. We got to the hospital by 8:30, and I was dilated to a 5. They started me on antibiotics at 9, which needed 3 hours to get all through my system. That was a looooong 3 hours; I was dilated to a 10 and ready to push by 11a.m. but I had to wait for an hour for the antibiotics to do their thing. Finally, they came in and told me I could push! Three pushes later, at 12:16p.m., we had our second baby girl! She was 7lbs 9 oz, 21.5 inches long and BEAUTIFUL!!!! After hours of debate, and plenty of opinions from 3 different shifts of nurses, we named her Lauren.
When the nurses cleaned her up and handed her to Bill, one of them said how cute her little blonde hair is. (She said little because there is very little of it. She's pretty bald on top, but she has a sweet old man fringe in the back that is super cute). Anyway, Bill took one look at it and said, "Blonde? That's not blonde. Wait a few hours, and when my other daughter gets here, you'll see blonde." So, the nurse looked again and declared her a red head! I just laughed. And when Grandpa brought Kinley over, the nurse agreed that Lauren was definitely not blonde in comparison to Kinley.
So, that's how we went from a family of 3 to 4. I think I'm going to have to do the rest of the catch up some other time. Today was my birthday, but I've been sick all day and now it is past time to go to bed. The one good thing about not feeling great is that it forces you to sit on the couch a lot and get really bored and finally update your blog. I promise it won't be 4 more months before I do another one!
The always necessary side-pregnancy shot right before delivery.
So stinkin cute!

Kinley was so excited to meet her baby sister
Kinley was so excited to meet her baby sister
Four days old, and sleeping like a baby :) Sigh, if only that had lasted...
Finally! I have anxiously been waiting for an update. Lauren was a name we were considering for our baby Claire. She's so precious and looks like McKinley. Congratulations to you and your little family. We should get together sometime when you're not busy! :) Love ya.
ReplyDeleteYay! congrats! I have been checking your blog a ton waiting for this update! I'm glad everything went well!
ReplyDeleteFor yay Arycca! I'm super happy for you and glad that everything is good!
ReplyDelete