Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Hello December!


Can anyone else believe how quickly this year has gone by? I have been a blogging slacker for months now... I've missed my birthday, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Bill's new job, and a host of other life events our family has gone through in the past 4 months. But, I'm not really in the mood for a long winded breakdown of our daily minutiae (and I'm sure you'll all appreciate that), so I'm just going to do a quick recap.

My birthday was great, I'm one year older and theoretically wiser, which I'm sure will come in handy soon. Halloween was a blast, we went to several parties both with family and friends. Bill dressed up as a farmer, I was a scarecrow, and Kinz was a pumpkin. We were the harvest family, or something like that. Halfway through November, Bill was offered a new job working as a financial analyst, and decided that it was time to make a change from AXA. He is now working for a company called Certiport, and loving the hectic pace and challenging work. It has been a tough adjustment for Kinley and I, since this is the first time Bill has worked a 9-5 type job. We both were spoiled by him coming home for a 2-3 hour lunch most days while he was working with the school districts. Oh well, it is fun to see him come home so amped about his job, and we can deal. Thanksgiving was wonderful, with a lot to be thankful for, as always. We spent our holiday with Bill's family, which was great. We ate too much food, stayed up too late, and played a ton of games. Definitely a winning combo.

In other news, Mckinley is a doll. She is so much fun and keeps me entertained all day long. She loves giving kisses and hugs. and has started chattering more and more. She loves spinning in circles until she gets dizzy, dancing to music, climbing on everything, playing on stairs, and lately, folding her arms. We love her so much, most days I can't believe how lucky we are to have her in our family. Well, this isn't as short as I'd thought it would be, but I'm done for now. Hopefully it won't take me 4 more months to post something new this time. If it does though, happy December to everyone, and make sure to drive safely and stay warm!


In her daddy's shoes. Did I mention she loves shoes?


Yep, that's right. She's sitting in a shoebox.

3 comments:

  1. We have the SAME background on our blogs! I love this one and love seeing your cute girlie. She is a doll. Can't wait to see you again soon.
    Love ya mucho

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arycca,

    She is SOOOOO ADORABLE! I can't get enough of the cute faces she pulls! Keep putting them on your blog so I can see her, ok? Stretch your arm out and take some of you and her! Let Bill stretch out his arm to get all of you once in awhile! It was so fun to see your darling family at Christmas! Hope you are doing good. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete