Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Mckinley Jean Brothers







Here is our sweet darling


She loves sticking her tongue out


She passed out right after her first bath, and she deserved it. On top of the stress of delivery, she stayed awake with us and very playful for 3 hours immediately after delivery. That is what you get when you come 11 days late and she is not really a newborn (9 pounds)!


bilirubin :(



It is tough to bring your baby home and have to keep her in a suitcase for at least 24 hours, only holding her to feed her (especially hard for papa).



She is such a good sport about it though, and it has helped us to get a good schedule of eating and sleeping. It also gives me time to keep posting more pics :). One of the two of us needs to be awake and watching her at all times though. She has to wear these goggles and keep her head above the dangling blanket to protect her eyes, so we have to make sure she doesn't pull off the goggles, or choke herself in the blanket.

More pics of the cute girl and her late (all) night with daddy. You can see the glowing blanket that she keeps on her even when she is feeding and being held so that she is always being treated. The only time they don't want us to use it is when we are changing her diaper--guess they don't want her dirtyness on their equipment.


14 comments:

  1. Congrats to you guys! Bill, you are a proud dad already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. She is a cutie. We are so happy for you three. You guys are going to have so much fun. Congrats. send our best to arycca.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you two, I am pretty excited to be a dad, it is so much better then I ever dreamed. And Arycca is doing great, just tired :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! She is adorable! Congratulations you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats. She's a cutie. We're so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! She is beautiful and reminds me of Arycca as a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray you are parents! She is beautiful...I hope she can get off her bili-light soon! So happy she is finally here, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks all! We think she's beautiful too, but we're both a little biased--it's always nice to hear confirmation :) Thanks Bec, I can only see Bill in her face, so I'm glad I'm in there too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute. I hope all is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bill and Arycca!

    This is a wonderful start to your blog! So glad to see your cute little girl in living color! I hope that color isn't yellow for much longer! When did she develop the jaundice? I'm so sorry! It is surely not very fun making sure she stays under the lights and keeps the pads on her eyes. Hope you are able to sleep and stay awake on your shifts! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! We are so happy for you! 9 lbs? How did you ever do it? I'm sure she is the most pampered and loved little girl ever. We can hardly wait to see her.

    Rosanne Markham

    ReplyDelete
  12. Arycca and Bill
    She is so beautiful, we are so happy for you both we hope she will not have to be under the lights for to long. Arycca we hope you are doing better and we can't wait to see you and your family.
    We love you, and glad she is finally here and healthy. Love Drew, Kate and Lily.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks everybody! We are pretty excited to be done with the lights and able to play with our baby again. She is such a sweet little girl, we can't wait to show her off to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super Cute baby, and super cute name. I do see a lot of Brothers in her, but there is some Arycca too (namely:peach fuss) :) We love you guys and hope to see her in person soon. Keep updating us with pictues.

    Angie

    ReplyDelete