Saturday, August 7, 2010

Summer days

This month (July) has been a busy one for the Brothers' family. My mom was here visiting from England all month and had fun playing with all the grandkids. My super cute niece Bailey turned 8 in June and was baptized last month. Bill and I were sad to not get to be there, but luckily for us, they came out here the week after. It was so much fun to get to see Becky and Scott and their cute kids. I can't believe how fast kids grow up! I still remember when Bailey was born and I finally got to be an aunt. Now I have one of my own, and she is going to be 1 in a week! Craziness. Becky and her family stayed in Lindon all week, so I got to spend a lot of time with them. It was a blast, her kids are so cute, and my sister rocks! I love you, sister! I can't wait to see you again, and I'm so grateful that you guys made that long trip to come out here!

We have also had several family BBQs, Mckinley's first swim party (sooo cute, she absolutely LOVES the water, she kept diving out of my arms), and a really fun family reunion. I've never been at a reunion until 1 am before, but it was awesome. It was a Bishop family reunion (that's right, I married into a family with Bishops and Brothers--2 of the greatest last names for the LDS culture), and there were several hundred people there. They rented out the Bountiful Rec Center, so we did some rock climbing, swimming, basketball, and then ice skating until 1 am. We spent the night at my grandparents to save ourselves the long drive home at night. So, I decided that since I had all this family around, I would take lots of pictures and then post them all on our family blog. I even carried my camera around in Mckinley's diaper bag all month long. Here's the problem with that. I still didn't use it! I'm so used to forgetting my camera at home, that I just forgot I even had it with me, so I still have no pictures of any family or fun activities we did in July. Grrrrr. Anyone have any tips on how to remember to use your camera? I could sure use some.

So, there's an update on us. Next one will be shorter and more entertaining, promise.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an adventuresome month. Want to do lunch next week before I start back into school? I totally miss ya and I want to see Kins and how big she's getting. Let me know. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also LOVED seeing you and miss you terribly. Your daughter is too cute. Thanks for the shout-out in your post. Love ya

    ReplyDelete